Namazu-devel-en(old)

Doubts

I have a couple of doubts regarding Namazu...

1. For Japanese documents Namazu stores indexes for the searched text in kana hence converts all Kanji's to kana. Therefore the search cannot differentiate between those two different Kanji charcaters. Is this true?

2. Namazu uses software called nkf for Japanese processing. NKF 1.71 supports the following encoding - 7-bit JIS, MS-kanji (Shift_JIS) or EUC.
It does not support UTF-8. I heard NKF 2.01 onwards supports UTF-8 but the recommended version of NKF for Namazu 2.0 is NKF 1.71???