Namazu-users-en(old)

Re: always 0 files founds

hi! and thanks for your reply ...

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 06:27:50PM +0900, NOKUBI Takatsugu wrote:
> >> I just installed namazu, as well as wvWare and lv to have MSWord files
> >> support. The problem comes when I run mknmz.
>
> Hmm... lv would not be needed on non Japanese environment.

Hmm .. it says so in the manual:

   msword.pl
          Handle a Word file.
          Requirement: wvWare, lv
          Alternate command: doccat

Perhaps I misunderstood the "," :-) It should say "wvWare or lv".

> >> You see? only 74 keywords in 33 documents, keep in mind that each file
> >> is from 11 to 14 pages ... 74 keywords don't sound too much to me ...
>
> Possibly wvWare could not convert these documents appropriately, or it
> would be encoding probrem.
>
> Could you send me the original word document? I want to test it on my
> environment.

Great!! I will sent them to your personal mailbox, thanks.
BTW, I found why I always get the "0 files found"!!!!!!!!

It indexes *ONLY* the names of the word files, but not the contents of
them ... Oh my!!!

So, namazu only works with the query of a filename. Maybe I
misunderstood the purpose of the program? I cann't search *the
contents* of these damn word files? Please, help!!

--
Maximo Ramos
From The Land of The Morning Calm