Namazu-users-en(old)

Re: uninitialized value in substitution iterator

On May 19, 2002 at 01:23, pegmgr@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm getting the following error message appearing:
> Use of uninitialized value in substitution iterator at /usr/local/share/namaz
> u/filter/mhonarc.pl line 108, <GEN5> line 1.

It appears the filter tries to extract mail header information from
the converted message header in the MHonArc message page, but assumes
a particular format of the header (the default settings).  If you
customize the layout of a message header in MHonArc different from
the default, the filter will have some problems.

I was thinking of changing mhonarc.pl in Namazu to be smarter about
what it does, but there really is no decent documentation about
the filter API Namazu uses, so it would require some experimentation.
A key thing is to have the filter extract the message header information
from the special comment declarations in the MHonArc message page and
not try to mess with the HTML of the converted message header since
it can vary too much based on user customizations.

--ewh

> Sometimes I get a segmenation fault.

That's not good.

--ewh