Namazu-users-en(old)

Re: How does mknmz determine if a file is updated?

At Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:09:49 -0500,
Earl Hood wrote:
> How does mknmz determine if a file is updated?  Looking at the source,
> it appears it is based solely on mtime.  Is this true?

Yes, you are right.

> A problem I am try to solve is if mknmz can be told to re-index
> a file that has changed, but the mtime is the same.  Is there
> a way to do this?  Is the -Z option the solution?

Unfortunately, no. The -Z option means that mknmz command assumes
existant files in the target directory are not updated. mknmz can only
find new appeared files.

> To give some context, I have a mail archive that is organized into
> period-based mhonarc archives.  I would like to be able to re-index
> a given period (all periods are a single search index) without having
> to rebuild the entire search index from scratch.

Currentry mknmz has no such feature...
--
NOKUBI Takatsugu
E-mail: knok@xxxxxxxxxxxxx