Namazu-devel-en(old)

Re: client/server module and other wishes

Sorry for my late reply... I'm very busy while a few days.

In article <20010926205145.A17598@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ot@xxxxxxx writes:

>> Not perfect, but this piece of code is mostly useless because people
>> don't use namazu directly form a cgi, unless voluntarily, and then this
>> code is an annoyance.

This restriction is for security issue. In the past, namazu command
worked as CGI, it accepts any command line options on CGI.

It has some options to output a file to the local machine. It is not
good for security. So we developers were disabled it.

If you want to use the command on CGI, you'll need to take notice that
probrem.

By the way, the best way to call namazu from other CGI is using libnmz
library. Some bindings are avilable (perl, ruby).
--
NOKUBI Takatsugu
E-mail: knok@xxxxxxxxxxxxx